It’s summer and you know what that means…. ice cream!
I don’t know about your house, but in ours when summer hits, my kids have ice cream (or popsicles) on the brain.
I have to admit, when the weather gets warmer I find myself thinking of nice cool treats too!
The problem is that so many of the store-bought products are full of absolute junk! I know there are a few brands that have decent ingredients, but even those usually have more sugar than I’d like.
So what’s a health conscious girl to do when an ice cream craving hits?
Make your own, of course! 😉
Now, I don’t have an ice cream maker, or the time or patience to make it with that method. So I had to find a quick, easy way to make a wonderfully cold treat.
For this recipe, there is no fancy equipment or ingredients, and the time required is just a few minutes.
If you love easy and healthy recipes, this 3 ingredient peanut butter banana ice cream is just what you need!
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 4 peeled and frozen bananas
- 4 Tbsp. of peanut butter (or nut butter alternative)
- 1 Tbsp of water (only if needed for blending)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (these are my favorite!)
What To Do
- Peel bananas and place in the freezer until frozen
- Remove bananas from freezer and break into pieces
- In a food processor, add banana chunks and peanut butter (and water if needed). Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in with a spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!
This ice cream recipe is simple, has healthy ingredients, and is perfect for a yummy summer treat!
My two resident taste testers gave it two thumbs way up!
I hope you like it just as much 🙂
Looking for more easy & healthy recipes?
Be sure to check out the recipe section right here on my blog!
I add new ones each week and most are allergy friendly, gluten-free, and always on the healthier side.
Hi, I’m Amy
I’m a Licensed Massage Therapist and have a degree in Human Services, but my most important job is being a wife and mom. My goal is to provide others with researched and reliable natural health information just for women so you too can live….
A Radiantly Healthy Life!