For being the shortest month of the year, February sure packs a punch in the inspiration department! And while it may be in the hardest season and the days of winter can seem long, it is also the month of love.
So, if the long days of winter are getting you down, let these February quotes inspire thoughts of hope, dreams, and love.
And, if you’re looking for a caption to put on a card, photo, social media post, or a kind word to send someone in need, these 70+ February quotes and sayings are a great way to inspire, add positive thoughts to your day, and help when you or someone you know needs a little pick-me-up.
Ready to get started? Here are the quotes you’ll find:
- Inspirational February quotes
- Love quotes to remember
- Positive quotes for February
- Beautiful quotes for the shortest month of the year
- Februrary’s romantic quotes
- Valentine’s Day quotes for sharing
- Leap year quotes
- How to use quotes in your life
- Last thoughts about February quotes
Inspirational February Quotes
The following quotes are the perfect inspiration for the short, cold days of this month.
1. “A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. To make your dreams come into reality, it is important to be connected to Source Energy and take inspired action.” — Dr Wayne W. Dyer
2. “Love understands love. Love never asks stupid questions.” — Kahlil Gibran
3. “In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.”- Patience Strong
4. “Finding the best in others, reveals the best in ourselves.” — William Arthur Ward
5. “Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place.” — Ice T
6. “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all. In your life, be healthy.” — Theodore Roosevelt
7. “The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.” — Chinese Proverb
8. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
9. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman
10. “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” — Nelson Mandela
11.”The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.” — William Morris
12. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with January resolution that’s abandoned by February”- Suze Orman
Love Quotes To Remember
Don’t forget to share these February love quotes and sayings. They’ll bring joy and help you spread love and positivity.
13. “In the best of all possible worlds, February 14 is a pleasant and sentimental opportunity to lavish your partner with attention or move your relationship to the next level.” ―Pepper Schwartz
14. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
15. “I’m much more me when I’m with you.” — Unknown Author
16. “When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out.” — Elizabeth Bowen
17. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
18. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
19. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” — Washington Irving
20. “Soul meets soul on lovers lips”-Percy Bysshe Shelley
21. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” — Oscar Wilde
22. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” — Victor Hugo
23. “A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.” — George Jean Nathan
24.“Let’s not talk about LOVE in February only, Let’s give the other months some LOVE too, Let’s spread LOVE every day of the year, And show the world, We really care”- Charmaine J. Forde
25. “Wherever you go I will speak of you with love”-Clive Barker
Positive February Quotes
Need a pick me up? These positive February quotes can help add a little brightness to your day.
26. “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.” — Unknown Author
27. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” — John D. Rockefeller
28. “It’s not about finding your soul mate, it’s about creating your own.” — Gwyneth Paltrow
29. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” — Lao Tzu
30. “Every day above ground is a good one.” — Unknown Author
31. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” — Seneca
32. “Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.” — Jonathan Larson
33. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit
34. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubinstein
35. “Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
36.“If January is the month of change, February is the month of lasting change. January is for dreamers… February is for doers.”— Marc Parent
37.“There is always in February some one day, at least, when one smells the yet distant, but surely coming, summer.”— Gertrude Jekyll
Beautiful Quotes For The Shortest Month Of The Year
And now for some beautiful February quotes to continue our list!
38. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
39. “A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” — Frank Morgan
40. “When we love, we see the infinite in the finite and vice versa.” — Kahlil Gibran
41. “It is never too late to fall in love.” — Tom Wilson
42. “The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.” — G.K. Chesterton
43. “Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star.” — Perry Noble
44. “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” — Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
45. “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
46. “Love a girl with all your heart, and she will fill your world with sunshine.” — Anonymous
47.“In the coldest February, as in every other month in every other year, the best thing to hold on to in this world is each other.”- Linda Ellerbee
48. “Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude”-Joseph Wood Krutch
49. “Though February is short, it is filled with lots of love and sweet surprises”-Charmaine J. Forde
February’s Romantic Quotes
We have some romantic February quotes that are perfect for sharing with those you love.
50. “I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t dance.” — Maya Angelou
51. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
52. “When it comes to relationships, you have to be willing to play in traffic.” — Cat Cora
53. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
54. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” — Marilyn Monroe
55. “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” — Theodor Reik
56. “Happy couples are not the ones that never experienced heartbreak or rejection, but rather they’re the ones who never gave up, despite experiencing it.” — Shauna Niequist
57. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” — Leo Tolstoy
58. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
59. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
Valentine’s Day Quotes For Sharing
Need a quote for a card, social media post, or to share with a photo? Here are Valentine’s Day Quotes just for you 🙂
60. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” — Andre Breton
61. “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” — Paul McCartney
62. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho
63. “Love is like a roller coaster, when it is good you don’t want to get off and when it isn’t so good you don’t want to get on.” — Anonymous
64. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” — Mother Teresa
65. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” — Erich Segal
66. “Love makes life so confusing, but without love would you really want to live?” — Edward Monkton
67. “Love is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but trusting them not to.” — Anonymous
68. “I’m much more me when I’m with you.” — Unknown
69. “If music be the food of love, play on.” — William Shakespeare
Leap Year Quotes
Leap year only happens every four years, so here are a few quotes to help you celebrate.
70. “Every leap year I like to jump over a couple of babies.” — Bert Newton
71. “If you can spend one day out of leap year riding your bike, I will give you 100 dollars.” — Jim Gaffigan
72. “Every leap year I like to jump. It’s a good way to get my daily exercise in every four years”-Jarod Kintz
73. “I met him in one of those leap years, but the fragrance of his presence still lingers my soul year after year”-Dr. Upasana Gupta
74. “Happy Leap Day. A day where “this time last year” and “this time next year” does not apply”- Unknown Author
75. “A day like this only happens once every four years”- Unknown Author
76. “Whatever happens in Leap Day stays in Leap Day”- Unknown
77. “Happy Leap Year! Today only comes every four years so make it special. Reject negativity, love those who hate and follow your dreams”- Unknown Author
78. “Let this be the day you leap into the life you were meant to live”- Unknown
79. “Leap year gives me extra time to reflect on how unproductive I am with extra time”- Unknown Author
How To Use Easily Use February Quotes In Your Life
While many think of February as a miserable month or even the worst month of the year because of its bitter winds and inevitable blizzard, there are actually beautiful things that can be enjoyed this time of year.
A nice snowy February, before the appearance of green shoots and the sound of spring, is the best time to snuggle in and enjoy good food, delicious teas (or your favorite drink), read a good book or two, or begin a mindfulness practice.
And don’t forget to enjoy the beautiful February sunshine when it peeks out!
So, how do February quotes fit into this?
If you read a quote that you like and just seems to stick with you, try some of these ideas to actually put them to use:
- Write the quote and read it often as a reminder throughout your day
- Say the words to yourself as a sort of mantra
- Share the quote on your favorite social media platform
- Keep a list of your favorite quotes to refer to when you’re in need of positive or inspiring thoughts
- Use the quote as a journal prompt or addition to your favorite journal
And finally, be sure to use the inspiration to take action!
Last Thoughts About February Quotes
I know that February can be an uncertain month weatherwise and many experience the annual midseason doldrums (aka-the winter blues), but this cold month also offers the sweet surprises of Valentine’s Day, ice skating on a frozen lake, and the cozy warmth of sunlight coming through the window in the late afternoon.
So, read through the quotes above, pick your favorites and go through the gloomy month of February with a smile on your face and inspiration in your heart.
Before you know it a new month will be here and spring will be on its way, so let me wish you a happy February before it’s gone!
Interested in reading more quotes or affirmations? Here are a few you might like:
- 50+ Must-See December Quotes & Sayings
- Best January Quotes And Sayings To Start The New Year
- 100+ Mindfulness Quotes To Inspire, Motivate, And Uplift
- 125+Keep Going Quotes When You Need Encouragement
- 115+ Positive And Empowering Fitness Affirmations
- 100+ Self-Care Affirmations For A Healthy Mind, Body & Spirit