Are you looking for a healthy chicken nugget recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser? Look no further!
These healthy homemade chicken nuggets are perfect for those nights when you want to make an easy dinner with no complaints.
I have to be honest, these chicken nuggets are tasty, but your kitchen might be a little messy. T
he potato flakes seem to get everywhere! I just figure that a messy kitchen means something delicious is happening!
Oh, a little tip- make a double batch! These healthy chicken nuggets go fast in my house!
To make cooking a little easier on days where we have been busy and I don’t feel like making a complicated dinner, I can pull these out of the freezer and, Voila! A family-pleasing dinner on the table in no time, with nothing but smiles all around 😉
Feel Like Trying It Out?
These nuggets are great with almost any side dish. Some of our favorites include butternut squash, sweet potatoes, or a cut up raw veggies (another fun food to dip!).
Enjoy them with ketchup, your favorite dipping sauce, or nothing at all. They are definitely tasty enough to eat just plain.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3-4 chicken breasts
1. Cut chicken into cubes
2. Put oil in the pan and begin to heat
3. Mix egg and water and set aside
4. Mix potato flakes, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any other spices you would like together. With a fork (or your hand), grind up the potato flakes so they are more of a crumb consistency instead of a flake (they coat better with the crumb consistency)
5. Take chicken cubes and add to egg mixture
6. From there, take the chicken out of egg mixture and put into potato flake mix Coat well.
7. Make sure your pan is hot, then add chicken
8. Do not flip the chicken pieces until you see some browning
9. After browning, flip the pieces and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Feel free to add more or less of the spices depending on your preference. You could also add red pepper flakes if you are looking to spice it up a little!
Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
A Quick Tip
These healthy chicken nuggets will be delicious no matter what pan you use, but my favorite is cast iron.
If you don’t have one (or don’t like them), no worries!
One (of the many) reasons I like cast iron, especially for this recipe, is because they work perfectly for cooking the nuggets to a delicious golden brown. Just make sure to use some oil and have a hot pan when you put the chicken in 😉
I hope you like this recipe as much as my family and I do!
I would love to hear how you made them and customized the recipe for your own taste. Feel free to comment below and let me know!
Hi, I’m Amy
I’m a Licensed Massage Therapist and have a degree in Human Services, but my most important job is being a wife and mom. My goal is to provide others with researched and reliable natural health information just for women so you too can live….
A Radiantly Healthy Life!