Do you ever go to Costco and buy more than you planned? Me too! I have a love/hate relationship with that store.
I love that I can buy products in large quantities (because I hate grocery shopping) and that they have quite a large selection of organic products. The hate part comes from going in, with a list, prepared to buy certain products and then falling prey to all of the wonderful deliciousness they have to offer.
Friendly Shopping Tip: DO NOT GO SHOPPING WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY!
This may seem quite obvious, and I know this, but I did it anyway and now have a freezer full of things I really didn’t need :/
Anyway, when I came out of there with a few (three) large bags of frozen fruit I wondered what in the world I was going to do with all of it. Then it hit me- Cherry Crisp! If you find yourself in possession of large amounts of fruit, like cherries, give this cherry crisp recipe a try.
You will not be disappointed!
Ready for some yummy cherry deliciousness?!
- 4 cups frozen black cherries
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 salt
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. chilled butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix cherries and lemon juice in a bowl
- In a pan, mix 4 Tbsp. of flour, a pinch of salt, and water on low to medium heat
- After that is mixed well, add cherry and lemon mixture
- Stir well and continue to do so until mixture is thickened. Make sure not to scorch
- Grease (lightly) a pie pan
- Spoon cherry mixture into pan
- Begin to make the topping. In a large bowl add oats, a pinch of salt, 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. of flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add butter cubes to the flour mix
- Cut butter into mixture. You may have to use your hands. This should end up being like big crumbs.
- Put this crumble on top of cherry mixture in pan
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until you see the juices bubbling
- Let stand to cool for a few minutes before serving
Looking for another healthy and delicious recipe that the family will love? Check out these Apple Spice Oatmeal Bars! My kids love them 😉
Do you have a favorite healthy dessert recipe? I’d love it if you
Feel free to leave it in the comments below 🙂
Hi, I'm Amy. I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist and have a degree in Human Services, but my most important job is being a wife and mom. My goal is to provide others with researched and reliable natural health information just for women so you too can live....