Do you ever need a quick meal that is easy, healthy, and delicious? Then this avocado chicken salad is just what you’re looking for!
I don’t know about you, but more often than not if I don’t take the time to plan meals I find myself standing in front of the fridge hoping something easy, yet healthy magically appears.
On occasion, something jumps out at me. And that’s just what happened when I spied these ingredients in the fridge and threw them all together! I just happened to have leftover rosemary garlic baked chicken, onions, naturally fermented pickles, avocado, and bell peppers.
When I combined these ingredients together a new, delicious recipe was born! It is gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and keto. And soooo easy!
Want to give it a try? Here’s what you need:
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1-2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1-2 tsp. garlic (fresh or powdered)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2-1 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 cup of naturally fermented pickles ( I like homemade or Bubbies)
- 1 cup of chopped bell pepper
- 1/2- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 3 Tbsp. (more or less depending on taste) Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Romain lettuce leaves
- Place chicken in a baking pan. Add oil, rosemary, and garlic.
- Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Let chicken cool in the fridge.
- After the chicken is cool, chop it up into small cubes
- Then chop onion, pickles, pepper, and avocado
- Mix chicken and chopped veggies
- Add mayo
- Mix well
- Spoon into lettuce leaves
- Serve and enjoy!
If possible, baking the chicken beforehand is best, that way it has time to cool.
After the chicken is baked and cooled, the rest is easy peasy! Just chop, mix, and assemble and you’ve got a lunch that is ready in no time!
Looking for a refreshing drink to go along with your avocado chicken salad?
Check out these fruit infused water recipes! They are easy to make and perfect for a delicious summer lunch. You can make an alcoholic or non-alcoholic version 😉
Hi, I’m Amy
I’m a Licensed Massage Therapist and have a degree in Human Services, but my most important job is being a wife and mom. My goal is to provide others with researched and reliable natural health information just for women so you too can live….
A Radiantly Healthy Life!